1. What strategies were needed?
- I just used a large ratio table for this test, but im sure you could use more.
2. How did you use these strategies?
- With a ratio table, whatever you did to one side of it, you had to do to the other to keep it equal. So i put the total amount of the package, shreddies, pretzels, and peanuts, and tried to get the total amount to the correct total. Finding the unit fraction or getting the nuimber to 1 would be a pretty good place to start because once you have 1, you can do anyhting to it and find out easily like 1 x 29348579038570980975279 = 29348579038570980975279.
3. Or How could you have used these strategies.
- Like i said before you could have used more, but i took the easy path and just made a ratio table to answer it. Also because im not so sure about how to do it with clocks, money, or a double numberline. The numbers they gave us weren't that friendly for clocks, or money, and a double numberline gets confusing for this type of question. Its possible but requires to much thinking so i used the plain old ratio table.
4. How would you figure out the price of a 6 cup bag of Betty's Snack Mix?
Use a ratio table.
-As you can see from that ratio table, I put down was 12 was first since I already knew from what i did on the test. Then i divided 12 by 2 to get 6 cups of snack mix and divided the $18 i have over there by 2 also to keep it equivalent.
5. Find 3 other values (amounts of Snack Mix) that could be solved using the same ratio table. Find the $$ of your new container sizes.
A new size would be 18, and i got that by adding the 6 cups and 12 cups i had on that chart. Another one would be 24 which i got by multiplying 12 by 2. And the third would be 3 which i got by dividing 6 cups by 2.Question Two:
Marking Rubric For your second Growing Post
Growing Post Question 1 Betty's Snack Mix Total (15 marks)
Answers all questions 5 marks (1 per Question)
Quality of Answers 10 marks
8= Great Job but there is room for improvement
7= Good Job but there is much room for improvement
6= Decent job but you need to work harder
5= All work is done but effort is lacking
Less than 5 would be for questions answered incorrectly and without effort and incomplete.
Growing Post Question 2 (10 marks)
Embeds the voicethread after question 1 (1 mark)
Creates the Voicethread to answer Question (1 marks)
Add Comments to further elaborate on the strategies used (1 per comment left) Max 4 marks
Math work is correct in the voicethread (4 Marks)
Bonus marks for any person doing more than 4 questions (2 marks)
Growing Post Question 3 (14 marks)
Uses Pictures or a voicethread to answer the question (3.5 Marks)
Explains the 7 strategies using 7/8 and 11/12 (7 Marks)
Comments on the voicethread (3.5 marks .5 per comment)
Question 4 Sharing Pizza's (15 marks)
Clearly shows How much pizza does each student get in the different groups? (4 marks)
Shows which group gets the largest portion of Pizza (2 marks)
Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways. (4 marks)
What strategies did you use in finding your answer. Student must show strategy and explain how it was used.(2 marks)
Added comments on voicethread or added detail to explanations (3 marks)
Total Math Work (49 marks)
Formatting (21 Marks)
Proper title (2 Marks)
Proper labels (3 marks)
Only one post and no drafts left in dashboard (2 marks)
Questions are in the proper order (4 Marks)
Post looks pleasing (10 Marks)
Pictures are lined up, text is left justified etcThe post looks professional and not piecemeal.
Completing Self Evaluation and leaving a comment (10 Marks)
Completing 2 Peer Evaluations Leaving comments on the Growing Post and Voicethreads (20 marks) 10 marks per student
Total Marks for Growing Post ( 100 Marks)
Growing Post Completed on time 0 mark deductionCompleted 1 day late 10 mark deduction
Completed 2 Days Late 15 Mark Deduction
Completed more than 2 days late 20 Mark Deduction