1. What strategies were needed?
- You could of used Ratio Tables, Clocks, Money and a Double Number Line.
2. How did you use these strategies?
- Well I only used the ratio table strategy along with some division and multiplication but I didn't really use the clock, money and number line strategy.
3. Or How could you of used these strategies
- I could of used the Number Line strategy seeing as it would make more sense than using clocks and money because some of the numbers wouldn't go into it so I could of used the Number Line strategy but I probably wasn't thinking of using it because ratio tables were pretty good for answering most of these questions.
4. How would you figure out the price of a 6 cup bag of Betty's Snack mix? Use a ratio table.
5. Find 3 other values (amounts of Snack Mix) that could be solved using the same ratio table. Find the $$ of your new container sizes.
Omg finally finished. Hah and it only took me a few hours (A few hours means 12 hours I started this at about 10 o'clock and finished at around 1 o'clock. It just says 2:35 because that's when I first posted it. But then I edited it and did all the other questions. Seriously I put a lot of effort on this..)
All this work was redone in paint.
- DA BOOK
Marking Rubric For your second Growing Post
Growing Post Question 1 Betty's Snack Mix Total (15 marks)
Answers all questions 5 marks (1 per Question)
Quality of Answers 10 marks
8= Great Job but there is room for improvement
7= Good Job but there is much room for improvement
6= Decent job but you need to work harder5= All work is done but effort is lacking
Less than 5 would be for questions answered incorrectly and without effort and incomplete.
Growing Post Question 2 (10 marks)
Embeds the voicethread after question 1 (1 mark)
Creates the Voicethread to answer Question (1 marks)
Add Comments to further elaborate on the strategies used (1 per comment left)Max 4 marks
Math work is correct in the voicethread (4 Marks)
Bonus marks for any person doing more than 4 questions (2 marks)
Growing Post Question 3 (14 marks)
Uses Pictures or a voicethread to answer the question (3.5 Marks)
Explains the 7 strategies using 7/8 and 11/12 (7 Marks)
Comments on the voicethread (3.5 marks .5 per comment)
Question 4 Sharing Pizza's (15 marks)
Clearly shows How much pizza does each student get in the different groups? (4 marks)
Shows which group gets the largest portion of Pizza (2 marks)
Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways. (4 marks)
What strategies did you use in finding your answer. Student must show strategy and explain how it was used.(2 marks)
Added comments on voicethread or added detail to explanations (3 marks)
Total Math Work (54 marks)
Formatting (21 Marks)
Proper title (2 Marks)Proper labels (3 marks)
Only one post and no drafts left in dashboard (2 marks)
Questions are in the proper order (4 Marks)
Post looks pleasing (10 Marks)
Pictures are lined up, text is left justified etc
The post looks professional and not piecemeal.
Completing Self Evaluation and leaving a comment (10 Marks)
Completing 2 Peer Evaluations Leaving comments on the Growing Post and Voicethreads (20 marks) 10 marks per student
Total Marks for Growing Post ( 105 Marks)
Growing Post Completed on time 0 mark deduction
Completed 1 day late 10 mark deduction
Completed 2 Days Late 15 Mark Deduction
Completed more than 2 days late 20 Mark Deduction
Just want to say one thing before people mark mine: Why does every keep thinking the math work is out of 49? It's out of 54 people. 15+15+10+14=54. So that would make it out of 105 and not 100.